8 Simple DIY Star Wars Party Ideas / Jedi Training Camp

My three boys loved Star Wars from an early age, so a Star Wars party was a theme they could really get behind. I structured the party as a Jedi Training Camp, and it was a lot of fun. Check out all the DIY details (and the video I made) below.



To get a closer look at all the easy and inexpensive Star Wars party details, keep reading, or watch the video I made below:


1) The invite - To make a fun invite, I took a picture of the birthday boy with his hand extended in a fist. Then, I used an x acto knife to cut slits above and below the fist, and inserted a glow bracelet in the slot. Pretty cute, right?



2) The signs and schedule - To set the tone for the event, and let the guests know what to expect, I made a few signs using dollar store supplies. I put a "Jedi Training Academy" sign at the door, I framed a schedule of party activities, and I drew large R2D2 for guests to get their photo taken with.




3) Security Badge - I made "security badges" for the guests to colour and wear during the party. I always like to have an activity for party guests to do while waiting for everyone to arrive. This was simple and fun!



4) Agility Training - At a kid's birthday party, it's important to provide an opportunity for little ones to run around and burn off some energy. We played "freeze dance" to songs from Star Wars.


5) Dinner Break - Jedi trainees have big appetites, so we had lots of tasty treats--including Star Wars cookies and cake. For the cake, I made a simple rectangle cake, and added some clean, new toys to the top. The toys went to the birthday boy, and he was thrilled!





6) Light Saber Training - I wanted the kids to be able to have their own light sabers to play with at the party (and to take home after the party), so I made a bunch from dollar store pool noodles. I cut the pool noodles in half and used silver duct tape to cover the bottoms. Then, I used black electrical tape and red dot stickers to embellish it. They were a big hit, and they were easy and inexpensive to make.






7) Final Test (destroy the death star pinata) - At the end of the party, the kids were given their final test. They had to use their light sabers to destroy the death star pinata I made. I used a glue-based paper Mache mixture to cover a balloon.



Then, I used duct tape to attach a hanger, busted the balloon, cut a hole near the top, filled it with candy, and covered the hole with black electrical tape.


I painted the whole thing grey, and added a circle of electrical tape around the middle.


Then, the kids took turns whacking at it and trying to bust it open.



8) Graduation (presentation of certificate and party favor) - After all the jedi training was complete, all the kids were awarded graduation certificate, and they were given a cupcake party favor. I made the cupcakes, inserted plastic Star Wars rings, and packaged them up with a thank you note. The kids loved them!







I hope you like these budget-friendly Star Wars party ideas. Unique details really are the key to making a celebration memorable. Happy party planning!


Gina Bell
(Mom and Amateur Party Planner)

No comments:

Post a Comment